Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another post before I go study haha!

Previous post was totally not what I wanted to blog about originally..

This post is dedicated to the furkids at GPF.

I can vividly remember wanting a dog when I was young (10 yrs old if i'm not wrong). I remember researching about dogs, printing many many articles off the internet and compiling them into 1 big folder of files containing guides on how to feed, train and basically anything related to owning a dog.

I was really determined to show that I was committed to doing so, but at such a young age, my mom didnt agree (obviously) to buy or adopt 1.

Thinking back, I'd say its really a bad decision made by her. Owning a dog brings so much responsibilities to the owner, and if she had agreed back then, I would have learnt many many things about responsibilities, love and respect for everything around me. I would have matured way quicker.

You could say I never really had much respect for my mum ever since. Of course, it didn't ONLY stem from the disagreement about owning a pet dog, but from many many others as well...

But I digress.

Now at 23 (turning 24 soon T_T) , I've re-discovered one of my true blue passions that I kinda distanced myself from, and i'm REALLY REALLY glad I psyched myself to email GPF team. This was what I said then:

"Hi Gentle Paws Team,

I've always wanted to have the experience of living with a dog but unfortunately due to various issues at home, I'm unable to do so. A friend of mine recently posted a picture of a dog from your shelter and I thought I'd like to help out since I've got time on my hands now anyway and I figure 1 more helping hand might be beneficial to the dogs that requires help.

Do let me know if its possible to start helping out =]

PS: I haven't got experience with dogs though. =/"
.
.
.
Looking back, thats such a weird way to ask for approval for volunteering haha!

But I'm really glad I made the commitment that every day on 1st November! Come April, it'll be the 6th month of my volunteering stint. Yay!

And its Daryl's birthday today! Too bad the shelter is closed, but I'll bring something extra tomorrow for him =]
.
.
.
.
Haven't bothered to check with my family if they're agreeable to adopt due to HDB restrictions and family problems, but this issue has been nagging me for quite awhile and I'm feeling quite guilty about it.

I'm sure we have the funds and time to do it, but I hate rejection and maybe thats why I never asked, probably will never ask too..

I need to get out of this vicious cycle, need my own home asap...  =/

Oh well. At least the three upcoming days are gonna be happy ones! :D

PS: You lost my respect then, you never got it back, and I'm pretty sure things will not change thereon. It'll not be my loss for sure. Too bad for you I guess.


Signing Off again,
-Khai =]


No comments: