Sometimes I feel bad for people who have no love for dogs. They'll never understand how it feels like to be enthusiastically greeted every single time.
Even if one punishes the dog 20 seconds ago for misbehaving.
2 weeks ago, there was a new dog named dagger that was to be integrated with the rest of the dogs in cage 1. At 9months old and barely passed the puppyhood phase, he got a shock when the rest of the dogs dominated and bullied him from the moment he came in.
But the magic began from then on. I must have been the only human in that cage to "comfort" him in that unfamiliar place with all those "aggressive" dogs, or that I resemble his previous owner, because he's sticking to me now like glue.
There's no better feeling when a dog rushes to greet, lick your face all over, and grinning away while doing that. Pure happiness I tell you!
When I left the shelter yesterday, poor dagger was lying down with a mournful expression. Wah, I felt so guilty I had to leave and couldn't adopt him. Not even Daryl(my personal favourite!) made me feel this way lol..
Oh well, I'll be back this coming week dagger!
Sigh.
Signing off,
-Khai
No comments:
Post a Comment