As title suggests, I've been thinking bout the recent incidences that I've seen happened.
An army friend of mine recently broke up with his other half and was really depressed for awhile. He's better nowadays though, and has since learnt and grown from it. Super proud of him and I know he's just gonna become a better person and BF. (good luck for the next one ya? :D)
This other incident is ironically similar but yet totally different. I hope this friend of mine has the courage and wisdom to face reality and do damage control, or it's just gonna escalate till a point whereby nobody can help (or even empathise). All the best my friend...
From incident 1/2, I totally felt the need to reconnect with all existing friends. Maybe it's guilt on my side that sometimes I don't put in effort in maintaining these bonds I have with these people who were there (some of them anyway) when I was down and stuff. Don't be too passive, and don't try TOO hard. Mm..
Anyway I digress. The main reason I decided to blog this time round was to remind myself to be honest and truthful to the people around me, and be more sincere in maintaining friendships.
This reminders came in the form of a recent event that got me quite disappointed. Person A(no names as usual) pulled a no-show without any notification. Neither was person A apologetic. My instincts has been kicking me in the guts that even Mum A pulled a fib in person A's stead. I hope my instincts are wrong but I somehow doubt that :/
I rather person A decline to go for the event rather than weaving fibs. No point right? We've known each other for a long time...
Person B came though, with totally no intention to follow through. Guts tell me person b is in the loop of person A's "predicament", and probably was told to keep mum as well. What happened to the basic values of making things work? :/
Furthermore person b had clearly stated the inconveniences of providing conveniences. A friend in need is a friend indeed<-- fail =(
Kinda makes me sad that my brain is telling me that A/B have become so mercenary-like. Sigh...
Regardless of what happened, I've already looked past the matter and would rather let sleeping dogs lie. "To err is human, to forgive divine." I'm sure I've made my share of mistakes and I guess all these are part and parcels of forgiving and forgetting.
On a happier note, I've been volunteering at a random dog shelter one of my friends had previously helped out at, and I'm finding it very enriching and satisfying. This weekend commitment further justifies my passion and love for dogs. Awesome stuff, I'm quite sure I'm gonna continue this stuff for another year at least... ^^
Now I just wish that I've the wisdom and determination to get to my objectives and subsequently defuse a bomb I should have done so awhile ago...
Till next time,
-WKhai
No comments:
Post a Comment